Unauthorized credit check

nporter
New Community Member

There was an UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CHECK DONE THROUGH EQUIFAX! Now, here’s the kicker- it was done to my husband who does NOT have a PayPal account and has NOT EVER applied for a PayPal credit card. Since he doesn’t have an account and I do, he can not access any help forum so I’m doing this on his behalf. The next real kicker is when I try calling the customer service number it asks for the account number or 10 digit phone number linked to the account. Well, no account number here since we don’t have one! When trying to enter a 10 digit number the response is that the number entered is an invalid number. So.. where to next? All we want to know is A) is this a fraud issue where someone tried to open an account or how did Synchrony Bank aquire his info to run the hard check and B) how do we remove it I really don’t want to have to hire a lawyer to deal with this B.S. I hope someone has some solid information to share since I’m at a loss here on the next move

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

susanmoorepdx
New Community Member

I got a letter saying I had been denied a Paypal credit account because they couldn't verify my identity. It was addressed to my former last name.  It was from Synchrony bank. When I called synchrony bank they told me to call Paypal. I don't know how to resolve it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.