Unauthorized Hard Inquiry on Equifax Credit Report

Pal102
New Community Member

On March 16, 2018, I received an alert from credit karma, telling me that a hard inquiry had been made on my credit, and that my credit score was lowered because of it.  I never authorized this inquiry.  The inquiry was made by: CCB/PPC  at <removed>, TIMONIUM, MD 21093, and the phone number suppied belongs to National Credit Card Cos, and it is <removed>.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

twpguy
Contributor
Contributor

permitted paypal to do a hard inquiry of my credit. If this isn't removed IMMEDIATELY I'll contact a lawyer, among other options.

Login to Me Too

Czech2010gal
Contributor
Contributor
I just finally looked it up what this was & found the forum. I'm beyond pussed, how in the heck could they pull my info without me giving permission not using my paypal on a regular! I have attorneys on speed dial so if they know what's best for them they'll remove it. It was that hard inquiry that got me denied on something.
Login to Me Too

twpguy
Contributor
Contributor

I NEVER permitted PAyPAl to do a hard inquiry. If this isnt removes ASAP, legal action might be taken. Who do they think they are

Login to Me Too

TETHOMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like  a lot of customers being drawn into the syncronyBank net are experiencing this. Being  Maryland resident, the state views this behavior a financial crime.  So I get to file a complaint against syncronyBank  for the act of pulling a Hard CBR w/o current written  authorization.

Will report results at a later date.

PS. Check with your states consumer financial regulatory office for proceedures.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Synchrony bank lost WMT credit card business but it purchased the Paypal portfolio,this is probably why they are pulling credit report

Login to Me Too

Yeyeako
New Community Member

I will contact a lawyer too if this is not RESOLVED AND REMOVED from my credit report, this is like identity theft, I will sue you !!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@Pal102,

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience.  Typically if a hard inquiry was made, it would be associated with a PayPal Credit application being received.   I recommend contacting PayPal Credit's customer service teams directly for further assistance with removing the inquiry from your credit report. Their teams can be reached at the number found by visiting the Help & Contact link at the bottom of any PayPal page, and selecting to call.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

@PayPal_Randy wrote:

@Pal102,

Typically if a hard inquiry was made, it would be associated with a PayPal Credit application being received. 

I call bullsh!t.  Paypal want to go through Equifax to verify my identity, not for credit request. Explain why.

Login to Me Too

Tchrisbass
New Community Member
This happened to me. No credit card application. Tryin to get this removed now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.