Unable to pay for paypal credit

HeyHoLetsGo
Contributor
Contributor

So I went through with paypal credit yesterday and purchased a TV. Next day I proceed to go to the paypal credit section on the website to see how I can pay off the outstanding balance. I click on make a payment and I get a choice to whether I want to set up a monthly direct debit or just straight up pay a certain amount.

I want to go with the second option as I want to pay this credit of ASAP so that I can claim another one, direct debit would take too long to pay off. 

So the problem is that when I click to make a different payment it shows that my balance is 0.00$ but I actually have money on the paypal balance but from what I've noticed PayPal Balance and PayPal Credit balance are two seperate things, how do I add money to the paypal credit balance from my normal balance? And if that isnt possible, can someone explain to me how the direct debit works? I would much rather just add money manually to pay it off as it would be alot easier. Thank You.

PS. I'm not a new user i've had PayPal for years, I also have my bank account verified on PayPal (NatWest). If that helps you help me.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HeyHoLetsGo 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-make-a-paypal-credit-payment-faq447

The thing is I don't know if you have to receive your bill/statement first before you're able to pay with PayPal balance. 

But, when I searched further:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-repay-my-balance-early-faq2900

Maybe you do have to be billed first because in the url above, it doesn't give you the PayPal balance as a payment option but card or bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HeyHoLetsGo
Contributor
Contributor

Could you elaborate a little more on what you mean by getting billed first? 

Also I'd like to add that when I try to make a single payment I only get 2 options. Balance (which says 0.00), and Other which doesnt let me go further because any amount I put in there is greater than 0.00. As far as I understood I should have a option to pick my card/bank there to make the single payment but its just not there. 

Do I have to wait a certain period after getting the credit/purchasing something for it to unlock? I'd want to point out that the transaction for the TV I Purchased still says Pending however I Already got an email from the company that the payment has been received, and that the tv is being prepared to get shipped to my address.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

HI @HeyHoLetsGo,

Welcome to our Community!

In this case, you will need to wait until the transaction states it is completed on your side, not the merchant. Then you should have the option to make to start the repayments. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.