Unable to Make a Monthly PayPal Credit Payment

Koala
Contributor
Contributor
For about the past 24 hours, I've been trying to log into my PayPal Credit account to make a payment. Today I keep receiving the message, "Synchrony Bank is experiencing some unexpected technical issues. We apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your patience as we work quickly to resolve the matter. Please try again later. Please note - our call centers are also experiencing technical difficulties and may have long wait times. Thank you for being a valued customer." I've searched online to see if anyone else is receiving this message and can't find anything. I've cleared my cache and restarted my device... same message. CAN ANYONE HELP OR CONFIRM OR PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION!?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following message from PayPal with information on how to contact Synchrony Bank / PayPal Credit.  I haven't tried the chat yet, but hope this will help all of us!

We have been experiencing technical issues with the Synchrony bank website who handles our PayPal line of credits. I would request you to contact PayPal Credit team directly as an alternative.
ayPal Credit is fully owned by Synchrony now and we have almost no visibility into your PayPal Credit information. You can reach out to them at this number: [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]

You can follow these steps to chat with an agent.
Here is how you can chat with PayPal Credit:
1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click on PayPal Credit in the PayPal Credit box
3. Click on "Contact US" at the bottom of the PayPal Credit home page.
4. Click on Chat with a live agent.
OR
- Customer Support for NA PayPal Credit is handled by Synchrony Financial.
- If you start at Synchrony website, you will be directed to log into your PayPal Account.
- From there you can choose Go to PayPal Credit in the PayPal Credit Summary section.
- This will take you to their Synchrony Financial PayPal Credit servicing site where you can locate Chat at the top right corner to speak with Synchrony.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

trackdog90
Contributor
Contributor

The link to Synchrony on my summary page has disappeared and has not been there all day

Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

You aren't alone.

I also tried to log in today, Sat 07/17/2021, to PayPal Credit and can't find it anywhere. It's not showing on the PayPal  app as it always has in the past. I was going to make a payment as well as a purchase, but reluctant to do so.  I can't find any information regarding this anywhere.

Login to Me Too

joea64
Contributor
Contributor

I am also experiencing the same problem. There are several other threads on the issue, and on reading them, it very much appears that the problem is actually on Synchrony's end. Several people have reported having an error message appear which says that Synchrony Bank is having "unexpected problems", and there are indications that the issue is affecting other Synchrony-issued cards aside from PayPal-branded ones. I also have read at least one report indicating that the card itself is unaffected/able to be used, and when I poked around a bit in my "Send and Request" page, my PP MC still appears as a payment method. That being said, I would be very careful about using your card until we hear Synchrony has resolved the issue - after all that's happened this year I don't think we can rule out the possibility of a hostile action against Synchrony's servers. So we'd better make sure to check our transaction reports once we get our account pages back.

Login to Me Too

annaj6103
New Community Member

Same issues. I tried to make a payment by phone. Automated service was useless.  Finally transferred to talk to a person, and "your call is important to us" has been playing for 30 minutes now..... The next available representative was not with me very shortly.  Still waiting to make a payment.

Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the detailed information. It's appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Koala
Contributor
Contributor
Even though I've "resolved" my issues, your suggestions are valid and have been noted! I'm going to keep my eyes out for a little while and keep an eye on my account. Possibly change my password (again).
Login to Me Too

Butterfli
Contributor
Contributor
I've been on hold waiting for this rep for almost 30 minutes now. I hope we aren't charged late fees as this inability to pay our bill is not our fault!
Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

Try using this link:  https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/ppcredit/

I just found this link on another post addressing this issue in early June when others could not access PayPal. I just clicked on the link and was able to access my PayPal Credit.  I hope this works! Spread the word!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.