The 35 day default wait period is very badly thought out. Here's why.

husseinHr
Contributor
Contributor

Context: My bank, TSB, is having trouble with their online banking services, so I didn't and still don't have access to my debit card's balance, which is connected to my PayPal account. 

Yesterday I tried to make a PayPal Credit payment but was declined the credit. The reason was a lack of funds on my bank card, clearly (given the context). Today I had a family member send me £20.80 for a PayPal Credit payment that I wanted to make (of £14.26), but when I went through the payment process I was declined again ("we can't offer PayPal Credit at the moment"), despite having enough money and a clean slate in terms of my credit history. After a Google search, I found out about PayPal's 35-day wait policy if you were declined a Credit application (for whatever reason!). 

Tell me, how on earth does it make sense to have this policy in place for people who simply didn't have the right balance in their account? I mean, that could happen to anyone. The normal fix would be to send some money to your account and apply for the credit again, this time successfully because you didn't do anything wrong... but this isn't the case. Why? PayPal isn't making any money off this.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.