Synchrony is a very Shady Bank

rjwright
New Community Member

Unfortunately, I own 3 or 4 Credit cards owned by Synchrony. Always paid them on time. Recently I became disabled but I was recently enough to carry the insurance on all my cards but I fell behind on them while the paperwork was getting shuffled around. So after each one was paid off in full, I start getting letters from each card saying due to my credit characteristics they were lowing my credit! The reasons they give are bogus and when I call for an explanation as to why they are running a credit report now they saw , "We do it quarterly,". Funny  when I had I had a high limit they never checked it.  Also, When I spoke to PayPal Mastercard today I asked her if that was true then why not lower all my cards? She just kept going in circles and told me to go to the agencies they got the info from if it was wrong! If you can help it don't ever get a card or finance with SYNCHRONY BANK. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BillHudson
New Community Member

Your New relationship with Synchrony Bank is fraught with FAILURE. I have several accounts that are serviced by Synchrony and none of them perform as older more established banks do.
I told my brother as soon as we read the notice that there would be on-line issues. And now I have not been able to see my Paypal Credit account for a week. Error message every time. None of Synchrony's accounts interface with my Quicken or Quickbook programs causing extra time in reconciling etc. I am going to have to forgo using PayPal Credit due to the inconsistency of Synchrony's web presence. Thank you. Bill <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.