Split a payment using bank balance and paypal credit ?

kawasakizx10rr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I want to buy a motorbike of Ebay and i have x amount of cash in my bank account and the rest i would like to cover with my paypal credit is this possible in any way? 

So in short can i pay x amount with my bank card and the rest using paypal credit? I can move my cash into paypal but i am unsure if that helps?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kawasakizx10rr 

That's not possible.

If you choose the bank account to pay, you would have to back it up with a credit card and run the risk of insufficient funds with your bank account before the back up card even gets charged while PayPal fronts the money ahead to the seller immediately on your behalf and await your bank payment to clear for the instant bank payment method.

And, PayPal Credit must be used for the entire amount, it doesn't do split payments. Or if you choose to pay with credit card, the entire amount would be put on it.

Only the PayPal balance does split payments with a back up credit card (excluding PayPal Credit virtual credit line) in the way that you described.

When you examine how refunds are issued, those are the only ways payment can be made:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.