Split a payment between PayPal credit and PayPal balance possible?

Johnnius
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, hope someone can clear this up. I have a £800 credit limit and I've fully paid off my balance with PayPal credit, not the credit card version. I'm eyeing up an item that costs £1500, my question is, if I put the remaining £700 in my PayPal account, will I be able to purchase the item using a combination of PayPal credit and my PayPal account balance? Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

HI @Johnnius,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

I am afraid it is not possible to spread a payment between your balance and PayPal Credit. If you want to make a PayPal Credit payment you would need to have enough to cover the full amount. If we offer a credit increase you may be able to use your PayPal Credit to cover the full amount. We review your credit limit monthly and may invite you to increase your limit once you’ve been a PayPal Credit customer for at least 3 months. You can always request a credit limit decrease once you have paid it off if you wish. 

I hope this helps.

Rachael 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

HI @Johnnius,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

I am afraid it is not possible to spread a payment between your balance and PayPal Credit. If you want to make a PayPal Credit payment you would need to have enough to cover the full amount. If we offer a credit increase you may be able to use your PayPal Credit to cover the full amount. We review your credit limit monthly and may invite you to increase your limit once you’ve been a PayPal Credit customer for at least 3 months. You can always request a credit limit decrease once you have paid it off if you wish. 

I hope this helps.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Johnnius
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Rachel, Many thanks for getting back to me, thay is a shame to hear but I thought it would be the case. I have purchased it anyway using some savings as the price was too good to miss and, well I really, really wanted it! Thanks again, John.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.