Special Financing, payments

KanSmart
Contributor
Contributor

in June 2018 I placed an order using "special financing" - pay by Jan 2019 and no interest due.

I make payments each month to my PayPal credit account and yet the balance for my Special Financing order remains the same.

Is there a way to make payments only to that particular item???

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

EricJL
New Community Member
Can a community mod answer this question please? Many would like to know this answer. Thanks
Login to Me Too

bendesignsweb
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed, I'm having the same problem and trying paypal support via twitter.

Please can we get an answer on this?!!!

Login to Me Too

bendesignsweb
Contributor
Contributor

I've managed to solve my specific issue (hopefully) and I've posted my answer here:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Credit/2-Special-Financing-Purchases-Active-how-to-pay-ba...

Login to Me Too

thiakae
Contributor
Contributor
I recently had this problem and found out after calling, that it is not allocated to your special financing promotional amount unless you call and ask them to allocate a payment over the minimum payment towards the amount on your special financing. You have to call in! Or will not be applied to that 0% special financing offer.
Login to Me Too

Maxwcr
New Community Member
Thank you! This is so helpful! I was getting so frustrated. SMH.
Login to Me Too

Denabug90
Contributor
Contributor
How long does it take to show up on your special finance payment after you call in I've called him twice and it's still showing the original balance that I've paid nothing
Login to Me Too

Rosenbeck
Contributor
Contributor
This is unbelievable. PayPal needs to fix this!! They know they can! Why aren’t they?!
Login to Me Too

Rosenbeck
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal needs to fix the problem with paying off Special Financing. Many, many people are having a problem with this. Meanwhile, PayPal is making a lot of money from interest on this.
Login to Me Too

br86

And thats the obvious reason why they arent fixing this. Super shady practice

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.