Selected Paypal Credit to pay at Walmart.com but my bank account was charged

varroy079
New Community Member

clipboard_image_1.png

I purchased an order of $100+ on Walmart. I selected Paypal credit, but when I went to check the e-mail with my receipt, it says my bank account was used instead. I figured I may have not paid attention and chose the wrong method of payment when I signed into my Paypal. I cancelled the order and reordered the items (I wanted to use Paypal credit specifically to pay it off in 6 months). This time I double-checked to make sure paypal credit was selected, and when I checked my new receipt, same thing. It had charged my bank account. Anyone have any ideas why?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@varroy079 

PayPal reserves the right to restrict use of the credit line depending on the circumstances of your transaction and may not be available in every instance. PayPal Credit is integrated into the checkout system, so it automatically determines/detects if the option is available or not. On rare occasions, a linked funding source will be used instead even after checking out with PayPal Credit. It could have something to do with your transaction history (some recent disputes?) or other factors only known to PayPal programmed/coded into their risk assessment system.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.