Repayment 0% apr

Ntuttle89
Contributor
Contributor

With every item purchased is it 6 months to pay back in full for 0% interest or is it the initial purchase of the first item? If I buy something pay it off within 6 months it’s 0% interest if I purchase another item is it 0% again for 6 months? If I pay the item down but not off in 3 months buy another do I have 6 months on the second item and three left on the first?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

On each purchase of $99 or more, you have six months to pay the balance to avoid paying interest on it. 

For example,  if I made a purchase of $154 in February, 2018, I have until August ("due date" noted on your Statements) to pay it off without paying interest.  If I make another purchase of $214, this month (July 2018), I have until January 2019 to pay it off in full and avoid interest.  (My payments will be applied to the first purchase until it is paid off, before any payments are applied to my second purchase.)

Please be aware, that if you do not pay the full amount of any "6 months - no interest" purchase in six months, you will pay interest on the total purchase, as if you never paid a dime.

If your purchases are less than $99, you will start paying interest in the next one or two billing cycles.

Your monthly statements will list your "6 months - no interest" purchases, and the dates they are due (to avoid interest), at the bottom (page 3?) of your statements.   It will show the balances left to pay on each purchase.  

NOTE:  The information above is based on my experience and understanding of PayPal Credit.  I am not a PayPal employee or expert.  

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.