Remove All Pay Pal Credit Default Options

Quasar911
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All, 

I am getting increasingly fed up with PayPal credit becoming the default, I do NOT have this selected as default but it keeps deciding to do it on ots own accord, 

For example, Ebay,   i choose normal PayPal - click to Confirm - when the page for click to purchase comes up the radio button has jumped to Pay Pal Credit, 

Also some automated payments ( small ) were always on to come out of card, and now have been moved to Pay Pal Credit - i DO NOT WANT this, i never chose it, and i never approved it,   i do NOT want to pay netflix, domains by PP Credit, 

so please can some admin - just REMOVE all paypal credit options  or better still block /remove the option so all i need to do is payback the monthly dues.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Quasar911
Contributor
Contributor

no response from any community support managers - 

YET AGAIN i have had a payment for  Netflix and Blizzard both comeout from   PP CREDIT< 

I have NEVER approved this nor changed it to use credit, 

I have always paid by card, this is STUPID< 

i will be seeking further legal advice and compensation.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Quasar911, 

As this is a community forum you are not guaranteed a response from one of the moderators. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your default payment method. 

A backup payment method allows you to send a payment even if you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance. Your backup payment method can be a linked bank account, debit or credit card, or PayPal credit product.

Here is how to change your preferred backup funding source:

1. Go to Profile.
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Under 'Your preferred way to pay', click to Change or Choose for either 'Online purchases' or 'Instore purchases'.

I hope this helps,

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Quasar911
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Can someone please please CANCEL my paypal credit option - i dont want to use it or see it any more, and i just want to pay it off.

NETFLIX  payment today -  on the netflix  pre-approved setting it says   

Funding source - Bank account or card on file.

SO WHY WHY WHY has it taken £7.99 from paypal credit !!!!!!!

this is just Not on, 

can someone sort it out and remove the <removed> PP credit.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hello @Quasar911

I am sorry that you are still running into this issue. I can definitely understand wanting to get this fixed and remove PayPal Credit as an available payment option. You can find more information on how to manage your pre-approved payments here. Once you follow the steps in the link, you can click on the merchants listed and change the payment method used towards the payments. 

Hope this helps! 

Callie 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.