Regarding payments and new transactions

ffng221
Contributor
Contributor

So I wanted to use my Paypal credit for a big purchase. I had a small balance remaining that I just paid off earlier today. I need to make the purchase soon but I'm just worried if I pay for the big purchase that it will mess up the current balance. That the remaining payment I made will just trail into the big purchase instead and now I can't properly pay off the previous balance. That the new balance will just be the big purchase on top of the previous balance. My apologies I couldn't word this any better.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ffng221 

"We will use each payment in the amount of the minimum payment due or less, first to pay billed monthly plan payments on any Easy Payments purchases, then billed interest, then billed fees, then the principal balance, and then any other amounts due. However, if you have a balance on a deferred interest purchase, during both the billing cycle preceding its expiration date and the billing cycle in which such deferred interest purchase expires, we may use the payment, after the amount to pay billed monthly plan payments on any Easy Payments purchases, to pay the balance on such deferred interest purchase(s).  

We will use any amount in excess of the minimum payment due to pay the balances with the highest interest rate, then the next highest interest rate, and so forth. However, during both the billing cycle preceding the expiration date and the billing cycle in which a deferred interest purchase expires, we may use payments first to pay the balance on such deferred interest purchase(s)."  

https://www.synchronybankterms.com/gecrbterms/pdf/PAYPAL_CREDIT.pdf

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ffng221 

"We will use each payment in the amount of the minimum payment due or less, first to pay billed monthly plan payments on any Easy Payments purchases, then billed interest, then billed fees, then the principal balance, and then any other amounts due. However, if you have a balance on a deferred interest purchase, during both the billing cycle preceding its expiration date and the billing cycle in which such deferred interest purchase expires, we may use the payment, after the amount to pay billed monthly plan payments on any Easy Payments purchases, to pay the balance on such deferred interest purchase(s).  

We will use any amount in excess of the minimum payment due to pay the balances with the highest interest rate, then the next highest interest rate, and so forth. However, during both the billing cycle preceding the expiration date and the billing cycle in which a deferred interest purchase expires, we may use payments first to pay the balance on such deferred interest purchase(s)."  

https://www.synchronybankterms.com/gecrbterms/pdf/PAYPAL_CREDIT.pdf

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.