Refund does not match payment

Nattieh
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i paid for an item in my.local currency costing 617 usd. I was refunded 617 usd but in my local currency, there was about SCR1000 difference that equated to USD75 in total. Refunds used.to be straight forward, so i dont ubderstand what has changed. I am losing much confidence in paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nattieh 

Refund policies have changed:

Updates to the User Agreement for PayPal Services – Effective Date: 9 July 2019

We’re making the following substantive changes to our terms:

• Clause 2.5: We have clarified what happens when a payment is refunded (including where the original payment involved a currency conversion and where a currency conversion applies to the returned amount).

"When you buy something from a seller using PayPal that required a currency conversion and a refund is issued by the Seller using PayPal:

• Within 1 day of the date of the original payment, the transaction exchange rate used at the time of the original payment will apply.
  • Beyond 1 day of the date of the original payment, the transaction exchange rate (including the applicable currency conversion fee as set out in section 4 of Exhibit A) on the date of the refund will apply.  The transaction exchange rate may be applied immediately and without notice to you. This means that you may not receive the full amount of your original payment due to the fees above and fluctuations in currency conversion rates."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.