Quicken and can download transactions OK, but the payment is reversed as a charge.

RDK2
Contributor
Contributor

Quicken and can download transactions OK, but the payment is reversed as a charge.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jayboard
New Community Member

This problem afflicts me, too. 

Seems like financial institutions choose to show pluses and minuses on their online transaction lists and in their statements however they like. They might show expenditures as positive amounts and payments received as negatives or vice versa. And they might do it differently in their online transaction displays than they do in their monthly statements (this is the case for one credit card account I have). 

Still, in configuring their transactions to download to Quicken, all have got it the way I'd expect, with expenditures showing as negatives and payments they've received from me (or refunds) showing as positives in green.

...Except for PayPal. In my limited experience (I just connected my financial institution account days ago), every downloaded PayPal Credit Card transaction shows up as a negative amount in Quicken. My expenditures using PayPal Credit Card are negatives. My payments to PayPal Credit against my PP credit card balance are also negatives. Not to mention that the downloaded transactions report everything as a whole dollar amount, ignoring the cents, as reported by posters in other messages. With my regular PayPal cash account, it's different. Expenditures are downloaded as negative amounts, while refunds are downloaded as positives. Another issue is I can't get PayPal downloads set up so that my PP credit card transactions and PP cash transactions download separately into different Quicken accounts, even though that's what I specify in the Quicken download connection setup process. 

PayPal's implementation is pretty much a mess so far for me. 

Login to Me Too

kelsays
New Community Member

This is also happening with USAA account deposits.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.