Postal Money Order not posted to Credit Balance payment

dvizz
Contributor
Contributor

I sent in a Postal Money Order on July 1, 2019 to The Paypal Credit, <removed>, Orlando, Fl. 32896-0006 address.

My Paypal Credit balance does not show the payment received and applied.  A minimum payment is due on 7/15 which the money order would have covered. I spoke to an agent yesterday and she said they have not seen the money order. She assured me I would not be charged with interest which was fine but why is the process taking so long? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dvizz 

Because it is the slowest way to pay. The fastest, assured way to pay PayPal bill is via online to avoid delays and risk of payment not reaching them or lost/misplaced somewhere, overlooked or god forbid something sketchy happened. The truth is, with Fin-tech companies, every thing is best done online, digital, that's their origin, their nature. Not like your traditional credit cards whose "analog" in origin from before the digital revolution while updated for the digital age are still equipped to handle paper payment methods properly.

There was one case from late last year who sent in money order by priority mail with tracking number, it was delivered but PayPal claimed they didn't receive it, as the payment wasn't credited. Don't know what eventually happened. Not saying this will happen in your case but just in general and to be aware of.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BarackYoMama
New Community Member

Pretty sad day when the finance company that handles PayPal payments makes you send a money order instead of using your Debit/Credit card...This has deterred me from using paypal credit more times than not. I will be looking for alternatives to PayPal from now on, and tell everyone that is thinking about using this method of payment how they can not use payment method i just mentioned.  😵

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.