Paypayp credit spreading payments

Smittenkitten1
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to buy an item that cost over £200 I noticed it came up with an option to spread the payments out over a year which would be £14 q month I have paypal credit but I have £1.80 available..I tried to put through the paypal credit plan but it said I couldnt do this l..my question is for this to go through do i need to have the full £200 available or just the first months payment of £14 available..if I only have to have £14 available then I will make a payment to my paypal credit so that I can take advantage of spreading the payment
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smittenkitten1 

No, it does not work that way. 😃 

If you only have £1.80 available in your total PayPal Credit limit and the £200+ charge didn't go through, of course PayPal Credit said no, because you do not have enough in your credit limit to buy and PayPal did not want to give you more credit to let the charge go through.

You got to pay your current PayPal Credit balance down, don't know by how much, but you need to show that you are paying it down.

It don't work like you say: to pay £14 to PayPal Credit to free up £14 of available PayPal Credit to buy the £200+ item because £14 is first installment. Noooooo. 😃

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smittenkitten1 

No, it does not work that way. 😃 

If you only have £1.80 available in your total PayPal Credit limit and the £200+ charge didn't go through, of course PayPal Credit said no, because you do not have enough in your credit limit to buy and PayPal did not want to give you more credit to let the charge go through.

You got to pay your current PayPal Credit balance down, don't know by how much, but you need to show that you are paying it down.

It don't work like you say: to pay £14 to PayPal Credit to free up £14 of available PayPal Credit to buy the £200+ item because £14 is first installment. Noooooo. 😃

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Smittenkitten1
Contributor
Contributor
Ok that's great thanks I wasnt sure how it worked so all good now I know
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.