Paypal key and Paypal credit

bigmama2081
Contributor
Contributor

I have (had) a paypal key and paypal credit which is attached as the preferred method of payment. For a specific reason. To use my line of credit at companies that do not accept paypal as a method of payment. I've had this set up for several months and used it. Paid everything off within 6 months to exercise my 0% interest rate. 

Out of no where they stopped allowing this? Yet the site in multiple areas say paypal key CAN be used with paypal credit. So I don't keep extra credit cards so help with identity theft. I have this as protection. Until paypal just stops allowing it---doesn't send ANY notification and I have a $2K bill that HAS to be paid and I'm **bleep**. 

Thank you pay pal for not upholding your end of the still advertised deal. Even your employees cannot explain why you show this option available and they are helpless to fix the situation. These options are worthless to me now.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LizzyHT
New Community Member

Any resolution?  Same happened to me, except I don't have a big bill due.  But I was planning to use this for upcoming Father's Day and birthday presents, I spent hours trying to figure out how to reattach the payment method to my PayPal key, back and forth in different help functions.  Only after switching to desktop was I able to find a page that said PayPal Credit would only be available as a payment option to SOME users....but I had it before, and now its gone.  The PayPal credit is kind of pointless to me without it. 

Login to Me Too

bigmama2081
Contributor
Contributor

No resolution. Believe me I spent HOURS AND HOURS on the phone with multiple reps and supervisors. Half of them said it could not be done---until I pointed it out on their pages and told them I'd DONE it repeatedly. The only reason I had key or a credit line to begin with was because I could use them TOGETHER, I spent hours on the phone with them setting it up--I live in an area paypal is not a common method of payment so this combination was critical to me.  My $2k bill was for a garage---how many garages in the US have paypal as a method of payment? Small towns don't. VERY upsetting. Particularly when the bill was NEVER late, and paid in full within the 6 mnths of each use. Honestly I thought it could be BECAUSE they were not making money on interest it was stopped. Nope.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.