Paypal creidt lowered the credit

jeff001
New Community Member

Hi my credit limit has just been drastically reduced, why is this, missed no payment and only half my limit was used? 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Trina911
Contributor
Contributor
I've also had this problem. Customer services told me that it's a glitch that has caused "a few" customers' credit limits reduced in error. They've allegedly escalated it to another team to be resolved, but I've heard nothing and now I can't get hold of anyone.
Login to Me Too

Jennykins63
Contributor
Contributor
I have had same issue and been told the same answer , but also given a different reason that they reserve the right under there t&cs to change limit & i had not used half of my £1200 now reduced to £750 all payments update & paided on time , its very very poor customer service , i believe its deliberate due corona virus issue but cannot prove it , the email / message replies are very vague and scripted , disgusting way to treat customers , think it is time to email CEO !!!
Login to Me Too

Grumpy4
New Community Member

Hello - if you're told that it was a glitch that credit limits were reduced, are they going to reinstate the previous credit limits to those accounts that have been affected?

Can you request to have the PayPal Credit facility withdrawn and have done with it?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

amyp11
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was randomly lowered too. I was notified about the reduction long after it had taken effect. I've never missed a payment. I asked them via the 'message' function and received a blase 'oh sorry about that' response, no explanation provided...
It is frustrating to see the CEO's coronavirus message "we're supporting you" when in reality they are being dodgy!!

Login to Me Too

Trina911
Contributor
Contributor
I've since received an email to say that the reduction in limit is permanent and in line with their terms and conditions. It seems they've done it to thousands of people
Login to Me Too

amyp11
Contributor
Contributor
It seems so wrong, not to give any notice, especially at a time like this. Their T&Cs may allow but it's highly unethical. I'd requested an extra £550 payment before realising, and now I'm paranoid they will lower again. But they won't let me cancel the payment even though HSBC have no record of the pending payment yet, it takes ages to transfer! The CEOs "we will support you" message is a joke.
Login to Me Too

Jennykins63
Contributor
Contributor

Had this reply which is a joke. Thank you for your reply. Mrs. <removed>, let me begin by saying we can certainly understand your concerns with this credit limit decrease, and the clarity on the reason behind this decrease. While we appreciate you may disagree with this decision, regrettably, we are unable to reinstate your old credit limit as it has been decreased correctly in line with your credit agreement. With regard to the incorrect information you have received, please be assured that your feedback has been forwarded internally through the appropriate channels, to ensure the information provided by our agents is of the highest standard. Mr Mason, although we are unable to reinstate your old limit, I realise that this situation may have caused you some frustration. As such, I would like to offer you a £30.00 GBP PayPal voucher for the inconvenience caused. This voucher can be used towards purchases made through your PayPal account. If you wish to accept this credit in full and final settlement of your complaint, please respond to this email directly confirming your acceptance. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly at Yours sincerely, Darren <removed> Executive Escalations

Login to Me Too

PurrfectPatty

How did you even get in touch with them? I've tried everything.

Login to Me Too

PurrfectPatty

Mine too. It was cut by more than half. Never missed a payment, my FICO score is 830.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.