New Community Member
I cannot seem to figure out how to use my credit as payment
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ppruett 

PayPal Credit aka billmelater, PayPal's virtual line of credit is "offered" to you as a funding source as checkout. The credit line is integrated into PayPal's checkout system and it can self determine on the fly if you can pay with it or not depending on various factors and circumstances of your transaction(s). If your PayPal Credit account is new, you might have to make some successfully completed purchases (no disputes) so the system will have something to go on whether to offer you PayPal Credit as payment or not. If PayPal Credit is not offered as a funding source during checkout, it is recommended that you use a linked funding source to complete payment. PayPal Credit may also not be offered if the merchant does not have it enabled. Most merchants won't know what payment method you use because they're only concerned with receiving payment. Although they can block certain payments besides PayPal Credit, such as intl/cross border payments or eCheck payments.

On occasion, PayPal may put a charge on a linked payment method instead even if you checked out with PayPal Credit as it could be rescinded afterwards so make sure you have enough funds to cover transaction in all of your funding sources or possibly run the risk of NSFs if your bank account just so happens to be the chosen funding source.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.