Paypal credit

Bubs1690
Contributor
Contributor
Hello guys wondering if someone Could give me a quick reply with info regarding my paypal credit. I went to purchase an item today through eBay using my PayPal credit method I chose the option to pay off the item within 12 month period. I got to checkout selected what I mentioned before and clicked confirm and pay and was prompted with a message saying the purchase was unsuccessful and advised to use one of my other methods to purchase the item. Fine. But when I went into check my Paypal credit it had took the money out of my available balance on my Paypal credit twice. Anyone any ideas? Hope I’m Not gonna be charged for a purchase that was unsuccessful. Any relevant information would be helpful. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bubs1690 

If the first transaction failed, the pending authorization (look at Pending section of your PayPal account activity) likely still went through but the merchant might not be able to capture it because it failed on their end but may be able to capture the second payment if it went through successfully. The first pending transaction will expire on it's own (a week, up to 30 days) and disappear from from your account activity and release the held funds.

If you see that the first transaction completed in paypal activity, click it and click "report a problem" to report the duplicate charge or dispute it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Bubs1690
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply my friend. None of the transactions are showing up anywhere dude. I’ve double checked my activity, and there is definitely nothing there and Nothing pending regarding me trying to purchase the item.
Login to Me Too

Bubs1690
Contributor
Contributor
Found the two transactions they’re both pending my friend. Will they just eventually disappear and funds will be released into my available credit?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.