Paypal credit refund?

Paulamich1
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a mobile phone using PayPal credit for the 1st time and before my1st statement was due I paid £30. Bought a few other items. The phone was faulty so I got a refund. I owe PayPal credit nothing and it says minus £27.01 which is what's left of the £30 I paid early. Can I get this back? I'm afraid the PayPal service centre hasn't been helpful and sent me an automated email back giving me instructions on how to get a refund from the merchant! I just want my £27.01 back! Thankyou to anyone here who can help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paulamich1 

Just don't use the credit for a couple billing cycles, then PayPal Credit will eventually issue a refund by either sending out a paper cheque or issuing it to your PayPal balance, whatever the policy is.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paulamich1 

Just don't use the credit for a couple billing cycles, then PayPal Credit will eventually issue a refund by either sending out a paper cheque or issuing it to your PayPal balance, whatever the policy is.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Paulamich1
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not going to use the credit again until its resolved. Thankyou very much for your reply, 😊 hopefully I'll get the money back soon
Login to Me Too

Wardel1g1
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a terrible time with a refund that appears to have vanished (it claims it went to my card but it didn't) and has left me paying off 2 duplicate lots of payments on Paypal Credit (to the same Ebay seller), for one item. Messages sent within Paypal are met by automated responses, as you say, and then just ignored when they prompt you to send another message, leading you to believe it will be read by something living and breathing. It's going to be a case of phoning up because there appears to be no humans manning the ship any more. 

It's hard to know what is even going on and Paypal's own information on this sort of issue seems scarce. They just give advice on disputes with sellers, not disputes with Paypal.

I hope you get your issue sorted out. I'm certainly getting nowhere with mine. 

Login to Me Too

Paulamich1
Contributor
Contributor
I received an email on Friday to say they'd transferred my money into my PayPal account so I could transfer it to my bank. I've now got my money back. I emailed 8 Times before this happened, each time I wrote a different email trying better to make myself clearer. I also stated that their auto replied emails were not helpful and didn't address my issue! It is frustrating but persevere using PayPal app message Centre and also PayPal browser. Don't know if that helped but I got my money and an apology for my wait. It did take time for it to actually show in my PayPal account tho even tho it was there! .. Just keep checking.. Or give them a call, that was going to be my next step! Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Wardel1g1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Paulamich1, that's great.

I'm glad you had success at last, so at least it can be done if you persevere.

But honestly, what a system. It used to be so simple. You sent an e-mail from within Paypal and got a reply within 24 hours by someone with a name. It's probably all AI now. 

Thanks again, I'll save your response and tips and see if they work for me. All the best. 

Login to Me Too

Laurenct1
New Community Member

I totally agree with the experiences people have shared on getting your refund of paypal credit back into your hands. I am computer savvy and tried every pathway possible to simply transfer my paypal credit into my Webster checking account. The instructions page is grossly inaccurate, probably hasn't been updated in years. I think it's time to call the Banking Commissioner! And I'm just ballsy enough to do it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.