Paypal credit never increased

ellis1985
Contributor
Contributor

I live in UK and I have my account since 2017 open and active with 3 cards registred which one of them is a Credit Card and when I could ask for a credit limit the only credit that was given was £250, which at the beginning was fine but I am wondering why in 3 years I never received a review and an increase of that... I spoke twice with the support team, which is not very supportive and they couldn't give me any explanation or even worst no solutions... I know it seems not very important but I do not understand why and then my flatmate has £2000 credit limit...very odd and discriminating...I did my first application 3 years ago and even if my salary (or whatever they use to calculate the credit limit) was slightly different from the one that I have now (it was less), I cannot understand this system...any advices? now I just want to close the paypal account because its very frustating

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ellis1985 

Credit increases depend on any number of factors (# of accounts open or not enough accounts open, income, timely payment, etc). Now if you say that your income now is lower than before (or was it the other way around? You make more now?), maybe that is why and/or a factor.

PayPal Credit increases can not be requested, you may be invited to get one and each individual's creditworthiness is different.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-increase-my-credit-limit-faq2894

Maybe ask for another review in 3 months.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ellis1985
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes my salary increased after 3 years in uk, but how can I even communicate that? How PayPal could know if they never request a review of my account? That's what make me more angry, because there's no reason at all and no solution... I really use PayPal quite often and Im paying back every month a certain amount of money. Anyway thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.