Paypal credit issue

Levi-1970
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i wondered if you could advise me,

I recently got an item on pay pal credit i had the choice of 12 months interest Free  or 4 Months, i choose the 4 Months as my job was very stable, and planned on paying it off quicker, as i just lost my job i am worried it will start gaining interest very fast ( as i cannot pay in full) i have asked PayPal but they said there is nothing they can do, they cannot extend the offer to 12 months like it had previously said and  offered no alternative basically just pay it or pay the interest, My question is this seems unfair considering  the current climate what should i do because i am unsure when i will be able to pay in full?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Levi-1970 

How recent? Have you totally used the item? Is it no longer returnable condition? 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit/faq#faqs

See Persistent Debit section, last faq of that section for assistance.

Can use PayPal button to accept donations in social media:

https://www.paypal.com/buttons/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Levi-1970
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 🙂 , It was a Tv 3 months ago after mine broke , i could return it under the 12 months warranty it just seems silly for how greedy Paypal is being, when  i will be charged interest on money i don't have because i cannot pay it it full,   i asked was could i amend it for the 12 months interest free as this was initially offered , ( i was silly enough to choose the 4 month option)

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Levi-1970 

Can't say if PayPal greedy or not as I don't know what debts they got and what they have to be responsible for. Don't expect so you don't be disappointed. Time to think outside the box. Return, resell, get debt charity from that FAQ link about persistent debt, ask for donations, balance transfer to a 0% credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.