Paypal credit interest Scam - Totally dishonest practices modern day thievery.

f3nners
Contributor
Contributor

So you want to buy something, say a new computer, and they offer 12 months payments (with interest) and you go thats great, i know how much interest is accrued and can afford the payment so I can spread my major purchase cost.  You already had a 4 month INTEREST FREE paypal credit purchase running but you know you can pay it off before the 4 month timeframe.

So pay date is due and you pay enough to cover your new purchase and decide you can also pay off you non interest bearing purchase also, thats good right?

You check your balance and holy crap your non interest purchase is still their in full and they have decided to take you payment and lop it off your 12 monthly agreement instead? 

But I want to clear my interest free purchase and then make my other monthly payments as agreed?  Sorry sir it doesnt work like that, we will take any payment you make and apply it to your other loan as its interest bearing, making sure your four month interest free payment switches into an interest bearing loan and that way we make more money from you.

But I chose that 12 month deal to make it easier to pay and manage my budget, but you are making it more difficult for me to manage and costing me more money?

Sorry sir but thats how the industry has stated it works, so we do what they say and scam you. Bye.

Absolutely shocking behaviour, I was on a call this ,morning to a paypal scamsman and he just repeated the same line that its the industry that forces us to do this and nothing else.  I am honestly amazed they get away with this and have also contacted the ombudsman regarding this practice.  I am done with Paypal and its shocking robbery.  Also popped this in a mail to the Daily Mail Money expert team to see what they make of it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

msc999
New Community Member

There should have been a news paper warning people of this to prevent the headache.  Basically only ever use one "offer" at a time.  Where are the journalist when we need them?

Login to Me Too

badshotsyd
Contributor
Contributor

Just discovered to my cost the disadvantage of "4months to pay".

I hate this expression  " it doesn't work like that"  .

OK, I'll somehow pay these usurers, but after that I'm done with Paypal credit, there must be a way to pay as offered, and I'm shocked tohave found that I have trusted Paypal to deal honestly.

Disgusted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.