Paypal credit direct debit

Graceface
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, got paypal credit on the go and 'thought' i had setup direct debit monthly payments, which were £53,fine i thought and that was it. Additionally to this £53 i thought i had setup monthly, i intended to make additional payments seperate from this when i was flush. I could clearly see the direct debit of £53 was due shortly, i then paid a seperate £80, but from then the upcoming direct debit of £53 dissapeared? Did it just take the £53 out of the £80 i paid?? No £53 was taken out my bank incidentally.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Graceface,

It's possible that due to the early payment, we cancelled the direct debit, not wanting to charge you for the balance twice. You can verify your payments through your PayPal Credit section of your account to ensure you don't initiate an additional transfer. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Graceface
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, i understand your explanation, but i would rather they would just take out the £53 monthly and keep it seperate from 'other' payments i make. Direct debits, from my experience, are never affected by anything else, they are set in stone and are paid perodically,i don't want Paypal to cancel it 'at will'!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Graceface,

That's completely understandable, and I appreciate you providing your feedback here. I'll ensure it's passed on for review, and maybe we can get this issue rectified for the future. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Graceface
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, my intentions were only to pay it off quicker! 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.