Paypal credit annual income after taxes?

KWilder
Contributor
Contributor

When applying for PayPal credit, I'm asked what my annual income is after taxes. I've never filed taxes (I've been chronically ill and unable to work until this year so this will be my first year filing) so what do I put here or am I just unable to apply for Paypal credit? I receive payments through my Paypal so there is proof of income there. I don't know what else to do but I was really excited about using Paypal credit.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Chaplain-LL
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know what income you had when you were I'll but if you got disability checks, since no tax is taken out, you would just put the yearly amount of your combined checks. Unfortunately, if you had no income or none you can prove, it will be hard to apply for credit anywhere until you can prove you have a steady income. I am a Chaplain and receive tax free donations at times. I cannot prove my total income with taxes, therefore, it looks like I have a lower income. My credit limit on Cards is lower than it would be if I had proof of other income. I can only speak of my personal experience. I hope this helps and I wish you well and many blessings.
Login to Me Too

KWilder
Contributor
Contributor

I wish many blessings to you and thank you for replying!

I was not on any disability. I chose not to apply for disability because I wanted to fight to become healthier so I could work. So the past few years has just been me working to get my health issue under control enough so I could go work. I have proof of income from the income I receive through my paypal. But that's all. And it only started this year. 

I was really hoping to try out Paypal credit as the purchase I was wanting to make is $440 and while I could pay it off now, it would put me in a financial bind to do so. That's too bad that I won't be able to use it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.