Paypal Security Block When Trying to Pay Someone

tlau1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to pay someone approx $2000 using Paypal Credit for an item. I've had no previous problems using credit but I've never sent money directly in this way before and usually just make ebay purchases. When I tried to make the payment, Paypal security keeps blocking me from doing so (though I can send a small amount like $10). I've contacted Paypal security and they keep on telling me that it is not a problem with my credit. However, their security algorithm sometimes just blocks what it takes to be suspicious activity and told me to wait a few days.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed? Should I just try to wait for a few days before trying again. If that doesn't work, is there any other work around or tip that anyone knows (e.g. splitting up the payments into smaller chunks etc.)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LexdeltaX
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I had good news. I have $3000 Paypal Credit that I cannot use because each time security stops the payment request. It is never approved. I have tried to resolve the issue but get multiple runarounds. I was told that Security reviews each request case by case & decides to approve or deny at will without reason. According to paypal you can try calling Paypal on the phone to request that the "denial" be overidden by Security. The problem with this option is that we can never get through to paypal on the phone. The recorded message tells you to use the message center & message center cannot overide the denial. In short Paypal seems to be very fast to approve people's request for credit, they are happy to inform you that your account is in good standing but the bad news is they never let you use the credit. If you do try to use the "overide" by phone be sure to call immediately after your transaction is denied. ( if you can get through) I have stopped trying to use Paypal credit for now. It is too frustrating. Hope this helps L.W

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.