Paypal Credit refused despite very strong credit rating

IWW
New Community Member

I'm trying to buy a Dyson vacuum cleaner on finance. For some inexplicable reason, the provider they have used is, you guessing it, Paypal. As soon as I saw it I was already apprehensive, knowing how shocking the company is for searches and to deal with. 

I have a very strong credit rating. I have successfully applied for credit elsewhere recently. I entered all the detail correctly. And the finance deal is well within my budget. And guess what? It was refused. The message says I'll be sent an email detailing why it was refused, but I get this generic rubbish (hardly surprising as it's seems it's the only type of message anyone ever gets from Paypal regarding anything):

"Your application was carefully considered and processed using our automated credit and risk assessment system, and our review may have included, among other factors, credit bureau data, your payment history with PayPal and the information you provided us in connection with your application."

How vague and unhelpful when I'm trying to figure out what tiny detail has bugged Paypal's broken system. 

I would prefer an answer from Paypal itself but I won't hold my breath so if anyone has any inside info on that, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

@PayPal_EJ    @PayPal_Jo     @PayPal_BJ    @PayPal_Jae    @PayPal_Roy 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.