Paypal Credit purchase charged Paypal regular account?!

rachel0041
Contributor
Contributor

Help! I just purchased airfare using Paypal Credit but I think it may have charged my regular Paypal (not Credit) account instead, which is tied to my bank account. What do I do? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rachel0041 

Ask airline to cancel and issue a refund. I would not attempt to try it again if any of your linked funding sources is not an option for this purchase because PayPal could again deny the charge.

On rare occasions, PayPal will rescind approval of a PayPal Credit charge even after you've checked out with it as the funding source and instead put it on one of your linked funding sources. I've observed by reports in the forums that this happens most with airline tickets, even though it was just a few incidents.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rachel0041 

Ask airline to cancel and issue a refund. I would not attempt to try it again if any of your linked funding sources is not an option for this purchase because PayPal could again deny the charge.

On rare occasions, PayPal will rescind approval of a PayPal Credit charge even after you've checked out with it as the funding source and instead put it on one of your linked funding sources. I've observed by reports in the forums that this happens most with airline tickets, even though it was just a few incidents.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.