Paypal Credit Sucks!

TH3ORY
Contributor
Contributor

Hi over a year ago i purchased a Samsung smartphone 24 month interest free via PayPal payments, that was all fine until 4 months ago. i purchased a Sonv Vaio laptop via eBay, i thought ill pay on PayPal credit 4 month 0% offer.. Big mistake laptop arrives everything is fine the nightmare started when trying to pay off the dam laptop every time, i would make payments it would keep going to Samsung it would not let me pay off the 4 month one, about month and half. Well within the time frame of 4 month 0% offer, i ring up PayPal i ask look i need to pay this off before lame interest gets charged, that PayPal rep assured me, mate once the date is up it will allow you to pay it off.. What a load of bull, there is no option to pay it off every time i make payment it keeps going to Samsung 24 month one, and not the 4 month one.. Now i have been charged interest PayPal are such liars why say it will give you the option when date is up? it don’t? Also what has a 4 month old purchase got to do with 24 month purchase? What a load of bull thanks a lot lying PayPal I’m not happy PayPal truly does now how to **bleep** you over..

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Tomc13
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has no place in our day to day business. They are middlemen to nothing. You don’t need them. Since there dispute resolutions team doesn’t care about 10 YEAR PAYPAL CUSTOMERS ! Great pay status but no help in the resolution department! THE ONLY REASON I USE PAYPAL IS FOR THE PROTECTION THAT REALLY DOESNT EXIST. ITS A FALSE SENCE OF SECURITY ! I bought from a company in Florida that already has received my return. No claims they hadn’t received it and even wanted to sell me other items after the return. PAYPAL CREDIT CAN NOT HELP YOU AT ALL IF YOU DONT HAVE THE RETURN LABEL NUMBERS!!!! They simply refused after 10 Years and a FANTASTIC PAY RECORD. THEY DONT CARE AT ALL! “SHANE” WAS THE KILLER OF THE ACCOUNT, BRITISH DUDE WHO LIKES TO HIMSELF TALK. WELL BYE BYE AND ILL TELL ALL I KNOW. Many other options available TODAY.
Login to Me Too

TH3ORY
Contributor
Contributor

@Tomc13That’s a bad situation to be in how did you pay for the delivery cash or card? PayPal wont hard proof man no tracking number no helping you go back to the delivery office and I’m sure you can remember time and amount you paid ? They can print you another tracking number all you need to do is give them the address and time simple?

Login to Me Too

Anders65
Contributor
Contributor
Me too you can’t pay the 4 month perches up they show up on your account but that’s it.unless you manage your account 1 item at a time ?
Login to Me Too

RustyRoot
New Community Member

Please update this if you were able to pay off the laptop before the phone.

Unfortunately this is a pretty common issue with most credit cards. It's simple to manage if you only use one promotional purchase per card, but can be a bit confusing when it comes to multiple promotional purchases with different expiration dates and you want to pay a specific purchase off first (usually the one with the shortest promotional term).

Maybe someone from Paypal staff can clarify where the priority of payments go when multiple promotional purchases are on one account? I would like to know for future reference. Is the oldest purchase given priority, or would it be the purchase with the closest ending promotional date to get paid first?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.