Paypal Credit Not Working On Anything

ryanthabackpack
Contributor
Contributor

Disclaimer: I've read up on previous questions regarding this and am either not finding the solution to my situation or not understanding how paypal credit works. I also understand the negligence in my spending and I'm not going to make any excuses even if this was the place to do it.

Almost a year ago, I was approved for paypal credit, got my credit line and eventually spent up that line. It was under the no payment for six months or interest if paid in full by then. It took me about eight months to pay all that stuff off completely. I now have no balance and a large credit line yet any purchase I attempt to make is declined. I understand that some people are getting approved for the credit program but having their transactions declined, but I am receiving emails from paypal credit about deals and the paypal credit option is almost always available but just declines automatically at the last step of the process.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryanthabackpack 

You'll probably need to build up some successfully paid and completed purchases before PayPal system will allow some charges through. The sentient AI that runs PPC says not so fast, you're not ready yet. 🙂 🙂

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryanthabackpack 

You'll probably need to build up some successfully paid and completed purchases before PayPal system will allow some charges through. The sentient AI that runs PPC says not so fast, you're not ready yet. 🙂 🙂

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ryanthabackpack
Contributor
Contributor

Is it really that random? I've used paypal regularly just through my bank since then. Oh well 😞

Login to Me Too

Lori7777
New Community Member
Same here. Nothing working on the credit side and having to use my bank directly. I can’t get any customer service now and when I was able to get someone a month ago they were blaming the vendor for not processing payment in 30 days. That’s not even relevant to what is happening and cannot get anyone from PayPal now. Is it still an open business?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.