Paypal Credit - 0% Interest For 4 Months - How To Withdraw?

SunsetCityAztec
New Community Member

Hi.

I've got a bit of a situation here and hope someone can help, or at least give me some advice.

I signed up for Paypal Credit recently because I read that with purchases of £150 and over, you will get a 0% interest rate for 4 months. I thought that this would be particularly useful for me as I have trouble being approved for credit cards, and at the same time this might improve my credit rating if I regularly borrowed small amounts and paid back straight away or something.

Just to make it clear, I've never used one before in my life because I'm extremely careful with my money, always pay my bills and on time etc, but I must have some bad credit somewhere because I keep being declined. Even with my bank, which is confusing? So I'm kind of desperate here and don't want to make my 'credit score' even worse by constantly applying.

So I must have misunderstood the terms and thought a payment would include withdrawing money and having a cash advance, or you could send money to your own bank account. I have a large vets bill coming up in 1 days time for an operation that absolutely must be done, and had been relying on withdrawing this money.

Is there any way that I can send this money to myself or to a friend/family member, and ask them to then send it to my bank account? Or will this not be considered a 'purchase'? Also will they be charged for this? I need to know because I would be taking responsibility for any charges, but there's no point if the charges are going to be higher than the interest etc.

I've looked on the FAQ and can't really find any answers to my questions. The phone lines are shut and I'm covering at work all tomorrow with a short lunch break, so won't have time to make this phone call. I need to know asap.

Thanks very much for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SunsetCityAztec

Sending money to yourself is not allowed at all with PayPal Credit and sending funds for friends and family via PayPal Credit is not available for UK PayPal Credit account holders.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.