Payment made with bank account and not Paypal credit

Mattscott46
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I made and planned on it going to my credit and not my bank account. I set the paypal credit as the preferred method.

But it still went off my bank account? How do I fix this

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mattscott46 

Paypal credit is not offered on every transaction, if its not offered then you can't use it and unfortunately can't change it after the transaction has completed unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sonrisa123
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar issue with PayPal and PayPal Credit. On July 6, 2019 I purchased a HP computer on Best Buy online thinking I'd be able to pay for it over a 6 month period using Pay Pal Credit. Everything looked fine until I checked my bank record and to my surprise my savings account was overdrawn by that same amount.....All because PayPal decided to take it out of my Savings account instead,  Now I'm stuck with an overdraft I won't be able to cover until the first of the month as I am a senior citizen 
I get that that PPC doesn't cover everything BUT why was PayPal Credit at the top of the list of funding sources on my account page if it wasn't available for this purchase. Or if the amount was too high for a single purchase why wasn't it declined in the first place.
Now I'm afraid of ever using that credit line. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.