Payment holiday covid19

Mm95
Contributor
Contributor
I've been trying for days to contact to arrange a payment holiday but never get a response, is anyone else struggling. Advise please. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

hollyh123
Contributor
Contributor
I am also having the same difficulty. I’m doing it by the message system but it seems no one is responding. Have you had any luck since posting this?
Login to Me Too

Mm95
Contributor
Contributor
No I've had no response, perhaps tuesday after the bank holiday weekend. But that is the day the payment is due
Login to Me Too

Ry4n6
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. They are clearly stating that a payment holiday is available, but that a request form will be made available soon, whilst in the meantime contact them. Well, I sent a tweet to @AskPayPal who told me to call them. Using the message chat doesn't get a response and I can't get through on the phones to them either. What are we supposed to do? If we don't make the payment then they'll charge a late fee and no doubt chase us up on the phone next week when it suits them. Would be nice if a PayPal rep could advise us on this. Cheers, Ryan.

Login to Me Too

Tinajones1978
Contributor
Contributor
I also have sent messages and been advised the right department will contact days and days ago yet nothing
Login to Me Too

pablo84
Contributor
Contributor

4 days i have been trying with no response every one else as a system set in place for payment holidays not paypal poor service

Login to Me Too

prettyvacant
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Everyone,

You can request a 3 month payment holiday for your PayPal Credit

I couldn't get any reply through the Message Centre so called the 0800 customer service number, which just has a recorded message asking to call <removed> from a landline.

If you call that number and have problems getting through to speak to someone with all the automated options, say "Operator" and it should transfer you to an actual person.

They sorted out a 3 month holiday on payments for me there and then.

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

Mm95
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that information, I will try it in the morning
Login to Me Too

Mm95
Contributor
Contributor
Morning I've just done as you suggested went through automated questions ended up using 'operator' as you suggested and eventually the automated response said it would put me through to a person to assist me. Then another response said due to the current situation customer service was closed and advised me to look at frequently used questions on the web site. So no joy I'm afraid
Login to Me Too

Ry4n6
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for letting us know.

I have just done the same (took a few mins waiting) and the payment holiday was put through.

However, the lady on the phone said that they can't send out email confirmation & I'm not sure if the online account will update itself. She said that letters of a late payment may also come through the post, but she assured me to just ignore these. The holiday is put through.

Cheers all, Ryan.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.