Paying with a new paypal credit account

davidS80
New Community Member

I am wanting to buy a replacement engine on JEGS and paypal credit was an option.  I applied and was approved for $4500, I want to use $2500 to buy the engine.  It goes to the very end and then says cannot use it at this time.  Ive called and spoke to several different customer service agents, all with a different answer; "You can't buy engines" "you don't have enough history to use the credit you were approved for" "the system needs to update"  Anyone know how I can get the engine using my credit?  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidS80

All those answers are applicable. PayPal reserves the right to restrict use of the credit line based on the circumstances of the purchase. If PayPal Credit does not show up as an option then it is recommended that you used another linked payment method. On some occasions, payment may go through during checkout but PayPal may end up putting the charge on another payment method you have linked because PayPal decided not to extend the credit. There is no method to override their system and make a charge go through.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidS80

All those answers are applicable. PayPal reserves the right to restrict use of the credit line based on the circumstances of the purchase. If PayPal Credit does not show up as an option then it is recommended that you used another linked payment method. On some occasions, payment may go through during checkout but PayPal may end up putting the charge on another payment method you have linked because PayPal decided not to extend the credit. There is no method to override their system and make a charge go through.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.