Paying off PROMOTIONAL deferred interest purchases with a Balance

troglegs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal Community Members -

Can anyone tell me EXACTLY HOW you designate a promotional payment to a SPECIFIC merchant balance so you can tell PayPal Inc. to pay that merchant off while leaving your other balances alone?  I cannot seem to find a drop down menu item or selection which will allow me to CHOOSE A SPECIFIC promo purchase to pay.  I have made two or three payments with the EXACT dollar amounts of the promo purchases yet to still see them in my list of promotional purchases accruing interest.  Perhaps I have to wait for the next calendar month for those promos to roll off?   Or am I missing some specific important procedure when paying on my account to ensure that the money I designate goes to the specific deferred interest purchase?   Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Randall8
Contributor
Contributor

According to Customer Service, if you are going to pay off a Promo Balance before the interest is assessed there are a couple things to remember:

1. There is a 60 day window prior to expiration of the promotion that you have to make the payment to avoid the interest.
    1. So if your promotion is due to expire on Dec 10, xxxx you make to payment within 60 days of Dec 10, xx.
  2. When you make your regular payment of whatever amount plus the promo amount:
    1. You have to call and indicate WHICH promo amount you want to pay off.

So check your promos, set an alarm for the 60 day window and remember to call.

If you do not call the extra amount will be applied to the balance or any older promo amounts that may or may not be on hold.

While it should be clearly added to the bill, DUH, it is in the "Legal" section of Terms, if you want to go look.

Login to Me Too

Grizzly_Bear
New Community Member

Thank You. I searched the complete site and could not find this information. It would be nice if Paypal website gave you a direct link on the Promo down drop.

Login to Me Too

Artgal464
Contributor
Contributor

I searched as well and still haven't found anything. I received a notice telling me one of my promotional purchases was about to be charged interest, so I went in to see what the pay off would be, but have yet to find it! Ugh! Frustrating!

Login to Me Too

LornaRivera47
New Community Member
Hi...where can i find the pay pal phone # so I could call them and tell them to wich deferred balance my next payment should be aplied Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.