Paying for individual items

Amym2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi On one of my purchases with pay pal credit it states if paid by November I would not gain any interest. However I can’t work out how to pay towards individual purchases, rather than the whole credit total?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Amym2,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

It is not possible to make a payment on an individual purchase on your PayPal Credit account. You can only make a payment on the total amount that you owe. We will, however consider an item paid off when you have paid back the equivalent amount since making the purchase. For example, if you buy something for £100.00 GBP and then make another purchase a week later for £150.00 GBP, when you pay back £100.00 GBP we consider the first amount covered and any further payments go off the second amount. This is unless you have set up an agreement to pay monthly for an item as this would work differently. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Knotxc
Contributor
Contributor

They really need to change that and overhaul their customer support. How can you use it as a family account if each member can't pay towards the purchase they got.

Just saying

Login to Me Too

jobless
Contributor
Contributor

I have one 12 months interest-free installment (9 installments remaining)  and recently I purchased one item that has 4 months interest-free period. When I make a payment Paypal deducts from the 12 months loan and not from the one that expires the first (4 interest-free). How can I pay off the promotion that expires first? Thank you

Login to Me Too

Amym2
Contributor
Contributor
Brilliant that’s really useful thank you. I have two on monthly payments and the one I’m enquiring about is not so I presume the amount would be taken off that one. Thanks again 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.