Paying Paypal credit with debit card

Amy_B
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to make a payment on my PayPal credit balance, it says I can pay with a bank or debit card. But then it leads me through the steps to link a bank (which I have no interest in doing). I don't see any way to just select "pay with debit card." What am I missing?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amy_B

Balance or bank account are the options.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-credit/faq/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Amy_B
Contributor
Contributor

Which means what? Create a balance with my debit card and then pay with that?

Login to Me Too

moosey4686
Contributor
Contributor

since debit cards are not dissimilar from credit cards and are used the same way, many creditors will not allow you to pay on one 'credit' card or account with another 'credit' card.  they will only accept funds from an established bank where you have an account.

Login to Me Too

Amy_B
Contributor
Contributor

When you go to make a payment, it says that's an acceptable way to pay--but it's not obvious how to pay that way. That's the whole reason I asked the question.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amy_B

You can pay for purchases via a debit card, no problem.

You can't pay a paypal credit bill via a debit card, bank account or funds in your paypal balance only.

You can't 'add' funds to a paypal balance via a debit card only a linked bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lperry65
Contributor
Contributor
That’s a rubbish reason. I pay for everything else with my debit card, I’m not setting up a direct debit for it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.