PayPal credit

Shell1988
New Community Member
Hi I brought something with the PayPal credit a few days ago £250 thinking I was paying monthly istallmants but today the full amount tried to come out of my bank but I didn’t have it in, anyone know if I have got this wrong or can I actually pay installmants?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shell1988 

On the rare occasion, PayPal Credit can rescind the use of the credit line and use a linked payment method even if you were allowed to checkout with PayPal Credit.

You'll have to contact merchant to cancel the order and issue a refund* and try to pay with PayPal Credit again but I'd make sure to have enough in your linked funding sources before trying again. Payment methods cannot be switched post payment from PayPal's end.

PayPal's programmed risk management model decides whether a transaction is risky or not based on a number of factors and rescind and approve accordingly.

(*For which PayPal will try to collect full payment on nevertheless and once payment clears it will be returned to you so you'll still have to add money to your bank account to cover the payment or be subjected to bank overdraft fees.)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.