PayPal credit still charges interest on purchases that were refunded...

AJM4
New Community Member
Hi So I have noticed that when I have made purchases using PayPal credit, and subsequently returned an item for refund, that the money is refunded by the seller back into my PayPal credit account, but as well as PayPal listing it as refunded back into the account, PayPal also still have it listed as a credit purchase and start charging interest on it when the promotional period is over, is this right????? If so then I need to stop using it as I am housebound and regularly buy large amounts of clothes to try at home, multiple items in different sizes, before returning most of them once I’ve picked the suitable ones that fit, and I have only just noticed that I’m paying interest on the returned items... Also, a large piece of furniture was accidentally put through twice when I was ordering it (by accidentally using the back button on a payment page) but which was immediately resolved by phoning the furniture company who refunded it there and then, PayPal has acknowledged the refund but its still listed as a purchase from 4 months ago that I’m about to start paying interest from... Can anyone shed any light on this??? I’ve seen someone else get a most ridiculous reply from PayPal for something similar, with the email ending with something along the lines of ‘rest assured we are doing this for your own benefit’ !??
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.