Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal credit “maintenance”

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

PayPal credit “maintenance”

The past couple months PayPal credit won’t let me pay my bill due on 24 because of maintenance. I caught it in time to pay 7 days early last month but now they are forcing me to be late this month and I’m trying to pay on time. Even the call center is down. What am I supposed to do? Just accept the late fee? I swear I must be unlucky.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: PayPal credit “maintenance”

The site maintenance information was included at the bottom of the email notifying you of your statement. However, this does not seem like sufficient warning. It is a generic email, so I didn't scroll down past my statement information. Also, I'm not sure when it was posted on the site, but I don't even go onto the site unless I need to pay a bill... at the end of the month the day the site maintenance begins. 

Edit: Good news, everyone. I called customer service, and they will not be charging a late fee. 

5 REPLIES 5
Contributor

This is ridiculous. I'm new to paypal credit, and my bill is due today. I didn't see the small text about the website being down until I went back and looked at my payment reminder email. It seems like this should be on them and not on the customer. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

The notice about the down time was NOT showing until this morning. It seems that PayPal is doing this to rip off customers.
Contributor

The site maintenance information was included at the bottom of the email notifying you of your statement. However, this does not seem like sufficient warning. It is a generic email, so I didn't scroll down past my statement information. Also, I'm not sure when it was posted on the site, but I don't even go onto the site unless I need to pay a bill... at the end of the month the day the site maintenance begins. 

Edit: Good news, everyone. I called customer service, and they will not be charging a late fee. 

Contributor

That’s a relief to hear! I’ll make sure to get email notifications turned on to warn me of this stuff in the future.
Contributor

Thanks for the info about not charging late fees.  I don't go to the site until the day before my payment is due and that's when I saw the notice about the maintenance outage.  I, too, don't read the payment reminder e-mail carefully because I track my due dates on my calendar.  It's unusual that an a payment system is down for over three days.  Any payments due during that time should be systematically suspended and not due until 6/24.  What's more frustrating is that I would have set up my account for recurring automatic payments but the only option for that is paying the minimum due each month; if I do that, then I will not pay off the balance within the six-month interest-free payment.  In order to a different amount monthly, I have to make manual payments each month.