PayPal credit closed because I moved?

zx7ninja
New Community Member

14 year active PayPal member, moved a couple of months back. PayPal put a freeze on available funds because I moved. Apparently, a statement slipped through between the time I moved and the time I updated my address in the PayPal system, and was returned to them undeliverable. I called, verified they had my correct, now address. And sure enough, all of my statements come to my new house. Still, my funds are frozen. Called them again, they said they are frozen permanently, and I will never, ever be able to utilize paypal credit again, because I moved? What the heck? I just dont understand. Rendering a 14 year PayPal account useless, simply because I moved, is asinine. Anyone have any insight, or advice on what to do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

msshimi
New Community Member

This happened to me as well, they closed my paypal credit because I moved but I can not even close my paypal and reopen because " i have paypal credit" I can not start a new line of credit or basically do anything, I am furious. All the have to do is reopen the darn account. 

Login to Me Too

fosormic
Contributor
Contributor

Yep me too.  Happened almost a year ago, PPC shows as an option when making purchases but is grayed out, so I cannot use it.

Called in August and said that it was because mail was returned as undeliverable (I moved) so we fixed the address and they said wait a few billing cycles to make sure the statements are not returned again.

So 4 months or so later I call and now I am explained that PPC has established a freeze on all reinstatements.  My credit is bad but the rep insisted that it was due to the reinstatement freeze, not to the bad credit.

At this point he just said call in a few months to see if reinstatements are allowed again. It won't happen automatically.

Lastly, I found this gem. It says that accounts cannot be reinstated.  https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3847 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.