PayPal Synchrony Credit Card Disappeard

romanovskiy
New Community Member

Hello,

My credit card disappeared from my profile. I can't see my payments and make new ones anymore.

I was trying to find or open the website I used to open for my card, but it's not available anymore. 

What is going on?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SynchProblem
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot find a link to Synchrony.  The email Synchrony sent just goes to the main PayPal page.  This is a mess.  Why in the world do you keep **bleep** with & **bleep** up the home page?  Get your act together!

Login to Me Too

joea64
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad to see it's not just me - I'm having the same issue. I got my notification of monthly statement yesterday and went to log in an hour or so ago to set up my next payment, only to find my PayPal Cashback MC seems to have vanished completely from my PayPal account; there's no credit balance window, no link to the Synchrony card site, and the card itself has disappeared from my wallet. I wondered at first if my card had been suddenly closed, but if it had, I think I'd have been notified and there should still be a link to make payments on the outstanding balance. As a number of other people are reporting the same problem, though, I think it's a glitch on their end. Question: assuming your card was in good standing when you last used it or completed your most recent payment, are you able to use it today? I haven't tried yet.

Login to Me Too

SynchProblem
Contributor
Contributor

I used the card in the last two days without a problem.  I received my statement last evening & could not access the account from PayPal.  I tried from the email & it sent me to the main PayPal site.  I sent a note to the help site, too, but have not had a return explanation.  Thanks for the feedback.

Login to Me Too

joea64
Contributor
Contributor

I just heard from PayPal Support. They didn't offer a lot of information but confirmed that many other people have been reporting the same issue, so it's not unique to either of our accounts. In fact, on reading other threads in this subforum, I see that some people are reporting that the issue is actually on the card issuer's (i.e., Synchrony) end, that other Synchrony-issued cards are affected, and that Synchrony itself has acknowledged this. I'm not sure if PayPal can do much more on their end at this point; we may have to try to contact Synchrony directly. I did find out that my PayPal MC is still available as a payment method on my "Send and Request Money" page, so it seems that - as you reported - the card itself hasn't been disabled, just the ability to get to one's account page. I think it will be necessary to carefully review one's account statement whenever that finally does come back up, because I can't rule out - note I'm not saying this is what happened, but until we get information otherwise we have to assume it's a possibility - the possibility of hacker/cracker action against Synchrony.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.