PayPal Credit won’t let me spend a dime of my $3100 credit limit???

RScott77
Contributor
Contributor

Ive been trying to buy a Camera from Adorma for $2657. My available credit it $3100. It won’t let me spend any of it. I’ve talk to all parties involved and the security people says the system thinks it’s risky and declines it. And they can’t override it. I’ve linked my bank answered all questions. They said just wait till Later. Does anyone have a solution?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RScott77 

There is no solution to this, no magic trick to it. PayPal Credit is integrated into PayPal Checkout and the software algorithms decides based on various risk model factors whether to offer PayPal Credit and right now it is simply too much risk. Think about it, the system has your stats: from income to account activity and crunches the numbers/probabilities and it says "Do not pay out, do not pay out". <robotic voice>

PayPal ultimately reserves the right to restrict use of the credit line depending on the circumstances of your transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RScott77
Contributor
Contributor
So why have a credit limit if you can’t use it? That’s stupid. And in the same regard I tried to purchase something that was $2 and same problem. Makes no sense
Login to Me Too

Jscroth
New Community Member

Ever get an answer to this? I’ve got thousands sitting in avail credit they won’t let me use. Let me know!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.