PayPal Credit to Send Money

otakmaz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone!

Can I use my PayPal Credit to Send Money to my family?

Because I just tried it and it looks like the funds is going to come out from my card account instead of paypal credit.

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello Everyone,

It looks like there may still be some confusion on this topic, so I'll be happy to clear things up. 

As of right now, in the U.S., you are able to use PayPal Credit as a funding source to send money to friends and family. Here's a link to our U.S. FAQ page for more info. Go down to "Using PayPal Credit" and it should be the 5th question there. 

In the U.K., unfortunately you are not able to use PayPal Credit as a funding method to send money to friends and family. Here's a link to the U.K. FAQ page showing that info. You should be able to find that as well in the 5th answer under "Using PayPal Credit". 

Thank you for using our PayPal Community Forum and have a wonderful day!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi otakmaz

Thanks for posting. 

I am afraid that PayPal credit cannot be used for sending personal payments. It can only be used for buying goods or services. 

I hope that clears things up:)

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

ewanwhosearmy
New Community Member

When you put through a payment for goods and services will it automatically appear as a payment option? Its meant to be my default payment option for online shopping yet whenever i try and use it the option never appears on any website. my wallet tells me I have credit available yet I cannot seem to access/use it

Login to Me Too

Seaannapearls
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem here! Can’t seem to use my PayPal credit account. Orders I make are coming out of my regular PayPal account!
Login to Me Too

KLH2018
Contributor
Contributor
First verify that you have PayPal Credit. If not then apply for it. From your home page you can select "bank and cards". This will show you what is set up as your preferred payment. When you click on it you will see an option to change preferred payment.
Login to Me Too

KLH2018
Contributor
Contributor
First verify that you have PayPal Credit. If not then apply for it. From your home page you can select "bank and cards". This will show you what is set up as your preferred payment. When you click on it you will see an option to change preferred payment.
Login to Me Too

Janeleliz
Contributor
Contributor
Me neither same issue
Login to Me Too

simrsnuggles
Contributor
Contributor

You say that we can't send money via the PayPal credit account however on the PayPal Credit FAQs it says we can...

Quote: "

Can I use PayPal Credit to send money?

Yes! You can now send money with PayPal Credit. It’s easy—simply log in to PayPal.com and select the Send Money tab. Enter the recipient’s email address or phone number, amount, and transaction type. Click Change to select PayPal Credit as your payment method, then confirm your payment details. Your transaction will appear on your monthly PayPal Credit statement. When you use PayPal Credit to send money, a flat fee of 2.9% + $.30 US dollars (USD) per transaction is included in your payment total. This is the same fee you pay when you use a debit or credit card to send money through PayPal. This feature is not available on mobile devices."

How does this work then?

Login to Me Too

nasa_steve
Contributor
Contributor
me too trying to pay for goods by sending money and can't use paypal credit either ?????
Login to Me Too

nufnufnicky
Hi!

I know that you posted this over two years ago; but did you ever get an answer, or manage to get around the problem?

Also, where are you based? (US or UK?)

I'm in the UK and was wondering if that option is/was only available to US customers.

Thanks

Nicky
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.