PayPal Credit to Send Money

otakmaz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone!

Can I use my PayPal Credit to Send Money to my family?

Because I just tried it and it looks like the funds is going to come out from my card account instead of paypal credit.

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

PayPal_paula

Hi everyone, 

Just to address this to be clear on what can be done using PayPal credit in the UK. In the US, which is where the link above is from, PayPal credit have additional options that we do not have in the UK. So in the UK we cannot use PayPal credit for payments for friends and family. It is for purchases only. 

I hope this helps clear things up and please feel free to post if any of you have any further questions. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

kesstrel
Contributor
Contributor

Is this likely to be changed any time soon? I am trying to pay a friend for an item I bought from them expecting to be able to pay using paypal credit - I am trying to offset some Christmas expense this way. There's no option, so I have had to cancel the purchase. This is non-ideal, for obvious reasons! Given PayPal get a fee each time payments are made this way - it seems counter-productive to prevent your UK customers from being able to do this, especially in the run up to Christmas and especially when it would seem this option has been available to US customers for many years now. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi kesstrel,

PayPal Credit cannot be used as a send money option and this is not likely to change. The PayPal Credit facility is only available for some merchants who have agreed to sign up to PayPal Credit.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Vwroccoash
Contributor
Contributor
I just sent money to a friend using Paypal credit. However, I only had this as an option on the website on a laptop. I did not have this option on the mobile app.
Login to Me Too

Carol2017
I wish I knew how. My son just paid for medical equipment that I needed and medicine and I promised I would pay him back. I went to use the credit I have to send him money and it don't give me that option. I have a friend who said she used the option and was able to send money. Now I feel horrible, because the equipment I got was needed, but my son doesn't have the money to just use of out pocket as he has bills to pay and will have a hospital bill for an outpatient surgery he just had. I feel horrible and will feel that way unless I figure a way to get him paid back. I'm at the beginning stages of alzhimers and habe lung trouble. I know it won't be long soon until I move I with him and his family. And now I am stressing about what I owe him and how he will pay his light bill, get food and gas. I don't understand how some can use credit to send money to others and how others cannot. I'm in the U.S. just upset and baffled because a friend was able to do so and it won't give me that option at all
Login to Me Too

QueenAntoinette
New Community Member
This is the correct answer! Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Boscoe
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal needs to correct their site then, because I have Paypal credit set as my preferred payment method, and it says right there in the description "we will use this payment method when you make purchases OR SEND MONEY". smh

Login to Me Too

Strch
I am in the US and don’t see the option to use PayPal credit to send money to friends/family.
Login to Me Too

Who123
After some very long and frustrating reasearch I found out this is possible. 1. You have to be on a computer mobile devices will not work 2. You must send it to an email associated with a paypal account. Hope this helps you all because the instructions given were terrible.
Login to Me Too

Nick251
So it is possible in the UK?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.