PayPal Credit to Send Money

otakmaz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone!

Can I use my PayPal Credit to Send Money to my family?

Because I just tried it and it looks like the funds is going to come out from my card account instead of paypal credit.

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

Dennistaft1967
New Community Member
I tried to send money to pay for good and couldn't do so. Not sure why but it says my payment method is not accepted with PayPal credit.
Login to Me Too

Gracesmum2
Contributor
Contributor
I am also having the problem. I am looking to pay for good and services privately but it's not giving me the option to use PayPal credit, just my normal bank account. Please advise. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Katiej50
New Community Member
Then this needs to be adjusted because on the PayPal site it says you can
Login to Me Too

KLH2018
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you can send money using PayPal credit.

Here’s how (I have tweeked the sequence as it took me a minute to figure it out):

1. Click Send Money at the top of the page. (Send & Request is also an option in this sequence but not at the beginning.)
  2. Select Pay for goods or services or Send money to friends or family.
  3. Enter the email address or mobile number of the recipient.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Enter the amount you would like to send. You can also add an optional message to the recipient. Click Continue
  6. Click Change Payment Method to select PayPal Credit as your payment method. You will also see a notification of fees for the transaction.
  7. Click Send Money Now.

I know it works because I just sent money to a friend. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Deeen
Does not work today in the uk. I can only use credit on Ebay and just eat
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have any specific credit queries, you should try contacting our Credit team directly so they can assist you further. We would like to speak with you directly and learn more about the type of payment you are trying to send before giving you a specific answer to your query.

Please let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

sp00nfedem1
New Community Member

i also cannot pay with my new found credit. only can buy from websites. this is frustrating because it shows it as a payment option but when chosen it gives me an error

Login to Me Too

martha5
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM. CANT SEND MONEG FOR GOODS AND SERVICE WITH PAYPAL CREDIT. HORRIBLE.
Login to Me Too

martha5
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM. CANT SEND MONEG FOR GOODS AND SERVICE WITH PAYPAL CREDIT. HORRIBLE.
Login to Me Too

MAMK

Reading through this thread it is obvious to me that PayPal says you CAN use PayPal Credit to send money to Friends and Family.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/can-i-use-paypal-credit-to-send-money-faq2862

Help Center > My Money/Sending money > Can I use PayPal Credit to send money?

Can I use PayPal Credit to send money?

Yes! Here’s how:

1. Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
  2. Select Pay for goods or services or Send money to friends or family.
  3. Enter the email address or mobile number of the recipient.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Review the payment method and amount. Click Change Payment Method to select PayPal Credit as your payment method.
  6. You can add an optional message to the recipient.
  7. Click Send Money Now.

The PayPal Moderators within this thread either do not read the threads thouroughly, or they write somthing different.

Can PayPal be consistent and give us definitive answer, please!

mark

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.