PayPal Credit payments allocated improperly

blenderbender
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.... I'm wondering if anyone else has been experiencing these issues and what they might  have done about it. I've taken advantage of many promotions over the last couple years offering 6 month or more, interest free payments by using PayPal Credit. I also took advantage of a special 24 month EZ Pay no interest promotion on a big ticket item. I understand that this is all handled by Synchrony Bank as I've had to contact them many times due to mis-allocations of payments. It seems to have started after several payments into the 24 month EZ Pay transaction. I started noticing on my statements that the balance was dropping way ahead of schedule and that it was showing like 6 payments left when it should have been 12. Every month I'd call Synchrony Bank and have them reallocate my payments properly. And every month's statement after that kept showing that it was only getting worse. It even got to the point where it wasn't only the 24 month EZ Pay that was getting paid down prematurely. This last statement I noticed that one 6 month promotion was paid off 2 months premature. Eventually after running out of patience thinking that Synchrony Bank would get it straight, I filed a complaint with the BBB. It wasn't long afterwards that I got a phone call from someone in the office of the President of Synchrony Bank offering to help me. They were able to get my past payments straightened out and allocated properly (I think.... cause at this point is had gotten pretty muddled). But for the duration, it seems, of the 7 months that are left on the EZ Pay transaction, I need to call after making a payment and have her manually reallocate my payment. What a PITA! I pay every month on my balances so that there is no interest owed at the expiration of each promotion. You'd think a computer program could figure out how to properly allocate payments.... I'm no Einstein but it was pretty simple for me. Honestly it's making me think twice about using anymore PayPal Credit promotions.... which is sad cause it really does help.... when it works properly.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Nickievia
New Community Member

I have the same issues with my payment being allocated first to 24 easy payments before my 6months. At one time, they don’t even pay the minimum required payment so it accumulated interest, all my payment went to one transaction expiring in 24 months when I still have several expiring in 6 months. I agree, it’s  a PITA to call every time I make a payment to tell them how I want my payment to be allocated because I always pay extra or more than when minimum. But the system always do it’s own way of allocating my payment. So I have to call again to correct it but they always say it takes 1-2 billing cycle before the reallocation of payment will show in my account. Their system sucks, PayPal and Synchrony. I plan to close my PayPal Credit once I paid off everything. I’m done with them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.