PayPal Credit not working

Dawn_lee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my issue is that I have more than enough money on my PayPal credit yet it will not allow me to send money. I understand that I cannot send anything under $100 but it seems I also cannot send anything over $100. I tried to send my mother $131. It will not give me the option of using PayPal credit yet I can send her $100 exactly. I cannot figure out why this is happening when I have over $200+ left within my PayPal credit line. I paid off my $27 monthly bill for PayPal credit and it still didn't work. I decided to pay off the rest of the credit that I owed a few hours ago, and yet it still will not allow me to send anything over $100. I send money to my mother annually and in the past, this was not an issue. Is there any advice? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Dawn_lee

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues completing a payment on your account. With the information that you have provided, it sounds like you are running in to our security model, and it is blocking you from this transaction. Our internal security system is always reviewing all the actions on your PayPal account to ensure high account security. As a part of it, we may block or limit some of the actions. In this case, I would suggest attempting the payment 48 hours after the last attempt. This is not something that we can guarantee will go through though, so there is a possibility that our system may block it again. If so, I would recommend giving our customer service a call so they can review this with you further, and hopefully find a solution. 

Enjoy your day. 

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Lep2
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t bother I’ve tried since the 14th with one purchase made then after that nothing . I called and of course you get the runaround says it’s a security thing, um just trying to buy by wife a birthday gift, for heavens sake. I sent numerous inquiries with the same ole answer “ we will review and get back to you soon”. HA WHAT A LAUGH! Why did they bother approving us for credit if we can’t use it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.